- Comprised of sisters Siddy (vocals) and Kit Bennett (keyboards) and guitarist James Ashbury, Wildflowers are a band with their roots in the UK folk-rock and US singer – songwriter movements of the ‘60s and early-’70s.
- January ‘16 singles ‘Chemistry’ and ‘100 Personalities’ C-listed for five weeks at Radio 2, including plays across daytime from Graham Norton, Jo Whiley and Steve Wright. Bob Harris session etc.
- Guardian ‘New Band Of The Week’
- Fresh from supporting Robert Plant, Tom Odell & Keston Cobblers Club
- Substantial regional radio support, including playlists at over 60 stations across the UK
- Siddy’s songwriting reputation continues to rocket; with Beth Neilsen Chapman (‘This Kiss’ by Faith Hill) the latest to wax lyrical about her talents. Legendary Squeeze songwriter Chris Di ord called her “without doubt something very special; Siddy is one of the most talented young singers and writers I have seen for some time…”
- The band were chosen to perform at the UK Americana Music Association Awards Feb 16.
- 2016 has already included a fundraising tour to support the Care4Calais refugee crisis and album release in March, support tours and festivals throughout the summer including Glastonbury, Beautiful Days and Bristol Pride.
- Loyal & engaged social fanbase includes: 5.9K Facebook, 4.5K Twitter, 3.1K Instagram.
Download the full bio below…
WILDFLOWERS - “ON THE INSIDE”
Wildflowers Return to Announce Release of Debut Album ‘On The Inside’
Simultaneous release with single ‘Another Million Miles
Bristol/Brighton based Wildflowers are set to release their debut album ‘On The Inside’ and first single from the album ‘Another Millions Miles’ on August 28th.
It has been a hectic year for the band. Described as ‘the bastard children of Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles’ its perhaps no surprise that their 2014 SXSW performance and subsequent North American tour saw them get picked up by Detroit based label Original 1265 Recordings via Caroline Label Services/Capitol Music Group. Twelve months locked away writing and recording in the Motor City and now finally the band are back in the UK and are ready to share the fruits of their labour.
“Its funny, you go along trying to get record companies to pay attention to you, and then two come along at once!” laughs lead singer Siddy Bennett, “Not that I’m complaining. We’ve been allowed to make the record we wanted to make, in the timeframe we wanted to make it in. Plus spending so much time in the States has only fuelled our freewheeling spirit. You can hear the effect directly in our lyrics & harmonies.”
It’s that echo of west coast Americana, blended with the more folk-infused British influences the band grew up with that helps define the Wildflowers sound. ‘Another Million Miles” is an uplifting ode to travel beyond the immediate horizons, full of hope and youthful optimism. “In many ways, its the most representative lyric on the whole album,” says Siddy “Everyone has that sense of being on a greater journey. That’s right where we are, as people, and as a band.”
The release follows Wildflowers first UK tour in over a year, a process entirely ‘live crowd funded’ by their fans, who not only nominated the venues they played, but also paid for their progress all the way down from Loch Lomond to the Glastonbury Festival.
The single release marks the beginning of a busy period for the band, with a tour of major cities to follow in the autumn, and a full headline tour early in the new year. “Writing and recording in Detroit was a treat, but really we’re made to be out on the road,” says guitarist and co-writer James Ashbury “All of our favourite bands honed their craft and gelled whilst touring. We can’t wait to see where the journey takes us.”
For further information on Wildflowers please contact Mandy Weetch at Mandy@momentumpr.co.uk / 07889386555