- Comprised of sisters Siddy (vocals) and Kit Bennett (keyboards) and guitarist James Ashbury, Wildflowers are a band with their roots in the UK folk-rock and US singer – songwriter movements of the ‘60s and early-’70s.
- January ‘16 singles ‘Chemistry’ and ‘100 Personalities’ C-listed for five weeks at Radio 2, including plays across daytime from Graham Norton, Jo Whiley and Steve Wright. Bob Harris session etc.
- Guardian ‘New Band Of The Week’
- Fresh from supporting Robert Plant, Tom Odell & Keston Cobblers Club
- Substantial regional radio support, including playlists at over 60 stations across the UK
- Siddy’s songwriting reputation continues to rocket; with Beth Neilsen Chapman (‘This Kiss’ by Faith Hill) the latest to wax lyrical about her talents. Legendary Squeeze songwriter Chris Di ord called her “without doubt something very special; Siddy is one of the most talented young singers and writers I have seen for some time…”
- The band were chosen to perform at the UK Americana Music Association Awards Feb 16.
- 2016 has already included a fundraising tour to support the Care4Calais refugee crisis and album release in March, support tours and festivals throughout the summer including Glastonbury, Beautiful Days and Bristol Pride.
- Loyal & engaged social fanbase includes: 5.9K Facebook, 4.5K Twitter, 3.1K Instagram.
Download the full bio below…
US – PRESS RELEASE
British folk-pop trio Wildflowers have announced the release of their debut album, On The Inside. Set to drop on August 25, 2017 via Original 1265 Recordings. The album will be available to stream on all digital platforms, and includes the vibrant new single “Another Million Miles.” On the Inside is a perfect portrait of the UK trio’s bohemian lifestyle and alt country roots, telling authentic stories that reflect the group’s mantra of refusing to settle and conform. The album will be available for preorder beginning August 4, with an instant download of “This Kinda Love,” one of four bonus tracks on the album.
Since the group’s start in 2012, the Wildflowers have made strides in the UK, supporting artists like Robert Plant, Tom Odell and George Ezra on tour and performing at Glastonbury Festival in 2016. They’ve also received substantial national UK radio support, including regional coverage from over 60 stations across the UK as well as 3 BBC Playlist singles in 2016. Having recently played at SXSW 2017 this March and now with the release of On the Inside, the Wildflowers are set for an exciting 2017 ahead.
On the Inside is a collection of 16 tracks that showcase the Wildflowers’ wide range of deep country, contemporary rock n’ roll, and pop influences, with personal lyrics inspired by the nomadic upbringing of the group’s two sisters: lead singer Siddy Bennett and keyboardist Kit Bennett. Along with James Ashbury on guitar and mandolin, the band wrote On the Inside in their shared one bedroom apartment in Bristol. The album is filled with songs and lyrics that drip with longing for the American dream, a dream that the trio finally made a reality this year with a permanent move to Denver, Colorado. With blissful tracks like “Let It Go” that capture the trio’s carefree attitude, to bolder songs like “Chemistry” that showcase their fiery spirit, the Wildflowers’ new music is a modern, exciting take on early 70s folk, distinctly drawing from their musical inspirations such as Fleetwood Mac, Dolly Parton and The Eagles.